Saturday, April 28, 2007

Rock Creek Park

Claire and I biked over to Rock Creek park today. We just hung out and worked on some fox walking, wide angle vision, and a trap. The edible plants are really everywhere. We saw chickweed, greenbrier, bearberry?, and we're working on identifying some more. I chased after a deer (barefoot) and tracked it for a good ways until I came across it and four other deer. I tried not to look at them and used the wide angle vision. They got used to me after a while and I just sat down and chilled while they kind of walked around me. We definitely want to work on a shelter next semester that people can go up to whenever. Matt, maybe in the fall we could work on a spot to make some kind of larger shelter like the one Bill showed us.

1 comment:

Matt Bukowski said...

Nice, great story. It's amazing how comfortable deer can be around someone who simply flows with nature. I like your shelter idea...I'll run it by Bill and get back to you. In the meantime check out "Native American Architecture" by Peter Nabokov. It's an amazing book and should be available in the GU library.